Why do my shoulders crack when I roll them back for warm-up exercises?
As long as there is no pain associated with the cracking noises, you really don't need to worry. Occasionally our joints just crack for no obvious reason (although soft tissue in the joint is generally the culprit). In fact most people experience cracking or popping of some joint, as they age.
However, if there is pain associated with the cracking, that's a different story. Any popping or cracking or any of the joints that is accompanied by pain is probably indicative of damage to the surface of the shoulder joint. It's possible that you may have a labrum tear. Or, you may have what is known as shoulder instability, which means that your shoulder is slipping at least partially out of the joint. There could be other causes as well. But in any case, you should have it examined by a doctor. The pain associated with the cracking is not likely to get better over time on its own, and it's always best to begin treating an injury as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
- Anytime I toss the football, even for a half an hour, my shoulder is killing me by the next morning. What is causing this?
- How do I know if my ankle is broken, or if it's just sprained?
- How long does it take to recover from Rotator Cuff Surgery?
- How long does Rotator Cuff Surgery Take?
- How long will I have to go to physical therapy after knee surgery?
- How long will I have to wait to play volleyball after ACL Surgery?
- I broke my ankle years ago, and it still feels weak, like it could break again at any moment. What is causing this?
- I was playing tennis when my shoulder seemed to pop out of place. Now it's killing me. Did I dislocate it?
- My elbow hurts, for no apparent reason. I'm in good shape, though I mainly stick to running, so it's not as if I threw out my arm or something. What is going on?
- My knee is completely swollen, but I don't remember injuring it. What is causing this?
- My knees ache for no reason sometimes. I've never injured them, and I'm pretty healthy and active. Is this arthritis?
- My shoulder gave out when I was doing push-ups. It doesn't hurt, but it seemed to just collapse. What happened?
- My wrists crack when I rotate them as part of my warm up exercises. It doesn't hurt, but should I see a Doctor?
- Why do my ankles crack when I first stand up in the morning?
- Why do my shoulders crack when I roll them back for warm-up exercises?